– Call the airline in advance to learn its policy on food allergy and what snacks are served, and about special seating arrangements.
– Confirm your food allergy status with the gate agents and flight crew.
– Pack safe snacks; most airlines allow fluid exceptions for formula and breast milk.
– To head off hassles, bring a doctor’s letter regarding these fluids and also about carrying an epi-pen.
– Label your carry-on bag clearly so in the event of emergent need for your epi-pen or medicine, you can locate it quickly.